Set to a stunning natural backdrop, Québec City is perched on an
imposing headland overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River. It boasts
both a modern city center and a European-style historical core (a UNESCO
world heritage site complete with charming cobblestone streets) that
make it an ideal venue for movie shoots and television productions.
A Centralized Resource to Assist You
The Tourism Development and Major Events Office, acts as a one-stop facilitator and film commission to help coordinate services for movie shoots and television productions in Québec City, notably by way of the following :
- Coordination of municipal services (police, street closings, signage etc.)
- Filming and parking permits
- Access to local production resources, including technical services and a qualified labor force
- Logistical coordination for local, national, and international film and television shoots throughout all production stages (e.g., suggestion of locations, scouting trips, filming authorizations etc. )
- Close cooperation with public and private partners to facilitate film and television productions
Through the Tourism Development and Major Events Office, the City of Québec also offers a unique 30% discount on municipal service fees required for movie shoots and television productions.
Coupled with the provincial 25 % All Spend Tax Credit (PDF) and the federal 16 % tax credit on Canadian labour expenditures offered to foreign productions, this unique municipal incentive makes Québec City an excellent filming destination.
Quick and simple
Only 2 working days are required to obtain regular authorizations such as filming and parking permits.
A minimum of 5 working days is required for special authorizations to close streets, perform stunts and special effects, use fire arms, etc.
Tourism Development and Major Events Office
15, rue Saint-Nicolas
Québec (Québec) G1K 1M8
Tel.: 418 641-6766
Fax: 418 641-6048