Skip to main content

Home / Citizens / Municipal court / Payment agreement

Municipal court

Payment agreement

Payment agreements can be arranged only if you meet the following conditions:

  • You have pleaded guilty to the violation with which you were charged or a judge has found you guilty of said violation.
  • Your financial situation leads the fines collector to believe that you are capable of paying the fine.
  • Your application is accepted by the fines collector.

How to make payments on a payment agreement

Step 1 : Complete and submit a guilty plea

Guilty pleas submitted without full payment incur additional fees.

To plead guilty, you can:

  1. Submit your plea online;
  2. Print, complete, and submit the formulaire Plaidoyer (plea form);
  3. Complete and submit the formule de réponse (reply form) (French only) found at the bottom of the fine.

The duly completed printed plea form and reply form can be submitted:

Submitting a plea online

Step 2 : Contact a fines collector by phone

To arrange for a payment agreement, you must call a fines collector at 1 418-641 6179 so they can assess your situation.

If your request is approved, the fines collector will write up the payment agreement, indicating the amounts due, as well as the payment method, deadline, and terms and conditions. You will receive a copy of the agreement either by email or mail.

Additional information

For further information, please contact the municipal court registry by phone at 418-641 6179 or by email at